Sunday, June 5, 2011

Strengthened safeguards for adults in care

So "Vulnerable adults in care in England " are to be given more protection from abuse, HMG has said.

The news comes after the revelations in the BBC Panorama investigation showed staff at a privately run hospital mistreating adults with learning disabilities.


The BBC state that “Details of "safeguarding" boards like to those for vulnerable children are to be published within a fortnight.”

Now this to me has all the classic signs of a knee jerk reaction aimed solely at taking away the political pressure or am I being to cynical ?

I think the simple answer is strong , robust laws with harsh penalties for people who abuse others along with training and adequate pay scales to attract the right type of person into this highly stressful sphere of employment , I doubt I my own mind that the private sector is equipped to supply the service that we expect .

No comments:

Post a Comment